Extra Credit: World of Mysteries-Crop Circles and Desert Lines

                            EXTRA CREDIT DOCUMENTARY:


                                                    Available to watch for free on Youtube :)


    For my extra credit assignment, I decided to watch World of Mysteries- Crop Circles and Desert Lines posted by Naked Science on youtube (I have inserted the video above for anyone interested in watching the 50 minute documentary). One way I can utilize this documentary in my own research is to further refute Von Daniken's theory concerning the Nazca lines. A quote that I could add to my paper is: "Von Daniken's runways have been found to come in all shapes and sizes. Few people believe that a landing spacecraft could have created shapes like these" (Naked Science). Within the documentary, they also discuss the theories behind the Nazca Lines and some geological and archaeological information that are important to the region. 


    After watching the documentary, I have to say that I really enjoyed it and thought it was very informative. Even if one is not familiar with the Nazca Lines or different aspects of Peruvian culture, you will still be intrigued by the interesting facts and traditions that are discussed. I was able to connect a lot of the information covered in the documentary to my own personal research that I have been collecting over the semester. I'm glad that Professor Goeller found this documentary because I can definitely employ it as a secondary source in my own paper! 


Citation: 

PioneerProductionsUK. “World of Mysteries - Crop Circles and Desert Lines.” YouTube, YouTube, 2 July 2014, www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf9fLuaHvZQ. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scouting the Territory

Topics for Consideration

Updated Research Proposal